Wow. It feels like it has been a while since I sat down to write. I guess time flies when your having fun!!!! Before I launch into the updates on life here with us I must share a wonderful thing God has been doing in my life over the course of the last few months. My introduction to this email reminded me of just how He has been working and so I must share.
For a number of different reasons last Fall/Winter was a very rough time for me. Not only had I just begun a horribly stressful and demanding job, I was also struggling with what seemed to be a never ending case of morning sickness. Constant stress, tension and the urge to vomit seemed to consume me on most days. Throw in the typical ups and downs of any marriage and the stringing together of about 120 gray Midwestern winter days and I was what many might call "down on life." Unfortunatley, I was one bitter and cynical woman for a good 9 months or so. I couldn't seem to find the blessing in anything and I certaintly didn't believe that there could be joy found in the monotony of one gray day after another.
Thank heavens that God is patient with us and restores our spirits. What has grown up out of all that misery and unhappiness??? Someone seeking to find joy in the small things and someone thankful for the strength to combat some of the negativity of this world with more of an eternal perspective. Praise God- for I myself could not have so radically changed my own heart.
So all this to say that when I opened with "time flies when your having fun" I chuckled and smiled and thanked God that I was able to write that and mean it. Life, even in the midst of these gray days, has been fulfilling, rewarding and wonderful.... and I am thankful for this renewed perspective.
The big news coming out of this household, however.... a few things really.
First off, we became Aunt Katie and Uncle Adam. Adam's sister and brother-in-law welcomed twin girls into the world during the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday and we are absolutely thrilled for them. Lucy and Addison are healthy and now home from the hospital and we are eager to head over there this weekend to get a good look at the cuties ourselves. And being that we are the ONLY Aunt and Uncle these little ones will have, we have a lot of pressure!! So, I took it upon myself to do a little (or a LOT) of shopping for the little beauties. That's what Aunts do, right???
Secondly, our family (insert Adam primarily) is over the moon that the Colts are playing in the AFC championship this weekend. And through the generousity of two of the men in our bible study (who also happen to be on the team) Adam has snagged a coveted ticket to the big game on Sunday. So we'll both be cheering on the horse on Sunday; Adam will just be doing it from a much better seat :)
And last but not least, we joined the local YMCA here in town. As I mentioned, it has been my goal to get back in shape in time to run the mini-marathon here in May. And I am proud to say that I am off to a pretty good start. The only minor glitch right now- I think my mind is stronger than my body. After all those years of soccer and three knee surgeries, my body seems to be failing me a bit. But all is not lost, I just might have to back off the running until my body catches up with my willing spirit. And maybe a trip in to get my knees looked at isn't such a bad idea either!!
So another week of winter is behind us and I am eagerly looking ahead!!!
Cheers,
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment