Thursday, January 25, 2007

Smittens

I just have to share this quick story mostly because Adam tried to convince me not to... which of course fueled my desire to blog about it.

Adam and I decided to take a walk today after he got home from work. Just a quick walk around the block to get some fresh air since Avery and I have been homebound for the last couple of days as she fights off a cold and through what I can only think is a case of teething. Anyhow, we bundled everyone up, including putting Bella's petticoat on her so to ensure she was also warm. Just as we were shutting the door behind us, I was reminded of a gift we had received from Santa and ran back inside to grab it. As we walked down the sidewalk I pulled out the "Smittens". Smiling, Adam said "oh no, not the Smittens." Smittens, for those of you that aren't familiar (which is probably most of the US population) are specially designed mittens that allow you to hold hands (skin to skin) with your mate while still wearing mittens. So if you can imagine...both people have one "normal" mitten on and then the other mitten has two holes that both people stick their "hand holding" hand in... its like one giant mitten. In other words, it is this super cheesy mitten contraption we received from Santa.

But, I thought today would be a great day to pull it out and give it a whirl. Since we are creeping up on our anniversary I am trying to bring the romance back and what better way than to share in the Smitten experience together. Adam reluctantly agreed to participate in the fun and slip his hand into the giant mitten and hold hands with me. The humorous part was that each time we passed someone or he even thought we might be passing someone, he quickly pulled his hand out and tried to play it cool. It was funny and we had fun. Maybe I will have to keep the Smittens close by for our next walk.

Cheers,
Katie

No comments: